PUTNAM COUNTY PARKS AND RECREATION
ADULT MEN’S BASKETBALL LEAGUE
2016 Rules and Regulations: Winter
- Have fun!
- No alcohol, drugs, or tobacco products allowed in the building at any time.
- AGE LIMIT– All players must be at least 18 years of age.
- SHIRTS/JERSEYS– Players are required to wear matching jerseys.
- ROSTERS/CODE OF CONDUCT FORMS- Team captains are responsible for filling out the roster form prior to the first game.
- Members of each team are to sign the release forms before the first game of the season.
- By signing player roster form, each player agrees to abide by the League Rules & Code of Conduct.
- Rosters are limited to 10 players max.
- The final day to drop or add players is before your team’s Week 3 game. Once a player has participated in a game, he cannot play for any other team for the remainder of the season.
- SEASON SCHEDULE- Games will be played on Tuesday evenings with games starting at 6:00pm. Doors will be open by 5:30pm.
- TIME/CLOCK- Games will consist of two 20 minute halves with a running clock (except for the last 3 minutes of the 2nd. During this time the clock will stop at all whistles.
- Overtime will be 3 minutes.
- It is the team captain’s responsibility to keep players names and numbers accurate.
- TIMEOUTS– 2 , 1 minute time outs per half. Unused timeouts will not roll over into the next half or overtime periods.
- Each team will be allowed one additional timeout per overtime periods.
- FORFIETS– Any team forfeiting 3 games will be dropped from the schedule and season.
- TEAM COMPOSITION– Each team can have a max of 10 players on the roster. Each team must have at least 4 eligible players dressed and on the court at scheduled game time. However, any team with only 4 players must play 4 on 5.
- A team may finish a game with 4 players but not fewer than 4.
- The referee’s word on all judgment calls is FINAL.
- PERSONAL CONDUCT– Any player guilty of any physical or verbal attacks on any player, official, staff member or spectator, poor sportsmanship, or interference in any way shall be disciplined either by restricting his playing privilege (games suspended) or revoking his playing privilege (expulsion from league) in any current or future leagues and programs.
- Any player ejected during a game will not be eligible to participate in the team’s next game (and possible multiple games).
- FOUL LANGUAGE– Foul or abusive language will NOT be tolerated. Any player or spectator guilty of using foul language can receive a technical foul.
- TECHNICAL FOULS– Any team receiving 3 technical fouls in one game will receive an automatic forfeit and the game will be over. Any individual player receiving 2 technical fouls in one game will be ejected from that game and a minimum 1 game suspension. Any player ejected from the game must leave the building immediately.
- Any players receiving 5 technical fouls throughout the course of the league season or playoffs will be expelled from the league.
- The League Supervisor also has the right to issue long term suspension or revoke playing privilege of any player at any time for acts he deems detrimental to the league.
- Thursday December 29th will be a scheduled make up night for any game cancelled to do any reason.
- If a game is cancelled to do weather, team captains will be notified as soon as possible so they can let their team members know. This information will also be posted on the Putnam County Parks and Recreation Facebook page.
- If your team is not going to be able to make your scheduled game for any reason, the team captain needs to contact the Program Coordinator before 12:00 noon on game day.
If you have any other questions or concerns please contact Program Coordinator Katie Whetstone at 931-526-8015.